Tin Can Centerpiece

I am quite the frugal Mama, which you will likely get to know.  Before making the decision to buy anything, I look around my house to see what I might be able to use instead.  Currently, I am going through a bit of obsession with tin cans.  Honestly, they’re great and I use them for everything!
Connect with your kids and make a tine can centerpiece with recycled materials
Today the boys and I used tin cans to make gorgeous and vintage looking centerpieces.  I couldn’t be happier with the outcome! We extended this activity from just decorating the tins (as my boys are not that into art) and took a trip to the beach to look for items to place inside.

So whether your kids love art or prefer to be outside, this activity should appeal to everyone!

Instructions:

  • ·         Use some acrylic paints to decorate the tin cans (assuming you’ve already washed out the soup or whatever the contents were!)
  • ·         We also glued ribbons on another can, so use some of the “beautiful stuff” you already have around the house.
  • ·         As your tin cans dry, go on a nature walk at the park, beach or a nice nature trail where you can collect items.  (We collected driftwood, shells, pebbles and other washed up bits near the shore).
  • ·         Arrange your collected items any way you’d like in the tin cans
  • ·         Find a spot to showcase your rustic looking centerpiece- wasn’t that way more fun than buying a centerpiece?!

Comments