Astonishing Boxes

Yesterday I got a beautiful piece of cardboard out, excited to try out a new idea with my son for this blog. However, as soon as he saw it, he took the cardboard, wrapped it on top of his head and transformed himself into a robot.  So much for my new blog idea.

Encourage your child's imagination
If you’ve just started following my blog, something you should know about me, is I love following my children’s interests.  Being flexible, I believe, is quite important- especially with young ones as they are exploring and discovering every day. I quickly scrapped my idea (which will likely still come up in a future blog) and decided to see where my son’s imagination with one simple cardboard box would go.

I’m sure your children have done this too.  How often do they play with the box or bag that a gift came in?  Probably almost 100% of the time!  So today’s blog isn’t anything out of the ordinary, but rather to simply let your child’s imagination sore with…..suspenseful moment…a cardboard box!

You could use one box or multiple boxes.  It could be anything from a big uhaul moving box, to a small cereal box.  The wonderful thing about imagination is there is really no limitations.  So whatever you have on hand, use.

My boys are both quite active so our adventures with boxes went from being rescue bots to being robots to finally making a box fort to play hide and seek in.  Perhaps if your children are more artsy, they might want to decorate their box and make it into…well whatever their imagination can create!

Enjoy connecting with your child today as your encourage imagination and have some fun with boxes.
I would love to hear what experiences you and your children have in the comments below!

Don’t’ forget to subscribe!





Comments