Uplifting Words

Uplifting words: enriched childrenI’ve been working on a birthday gift for a friend (and if you’re reading this, I’ve totally ruined the surprise!).  We rarely buy each other gifts but instead make something- gifts from the heart are always the best, wouldn’t you agree?

I’m writing out 30 bible versus- one for her to read each day of the month as an encouragement.  Of course, I suddenly thought, why not do something similar for my boys?

I got to work, writing out 30 brief notes to them- 1 for each day of the month that they can read in the morning or perhaps at some point of the day when they might be feeling down. 

These notes are meant to be very short, and I chose to place them in a jar which we’ve kept on the dining table. We are only a couple days in, but so far the boys have really enjoyed drawing from the jar and picking an uplifting note.

Here are some examples of what I wrote including a few bible verses as well:
  • ·         You are blessed and loved
  • ·         I love when we cuddle and read books together
  • ·         I love playing at the park with you
  • ·         You have an amazing imagination
  • ·         The Father has loved us so much that we are called children of God. And we really are His children. 1 John 3:1 (NCV)

Remember to make this your own.  You don’t have to do exactly what I did.  If 30 notes seem overwhelming, start with 7 and try out one week.  Parents- remember to use your creativity as well, as we so often encourage our children!


I hope this activity encourages a sweet connection between you and your kids today and over the next month!
Uplifting words: enriched children


Comments