Kindness Rocks | Enriched Children

paint rocks with kids
PC: cbm.wales
This weekend we took a trip to the beach- actually living on the island, we take multiple trips to the beach every week!  My son always seems to find painted rocks that have been left behind.  Today he found one with the words, "I love you" written all over it.
He brought it over to my husband and I and asked us to read it.  He gleamed with joy as we read the repeated "I love you's".

He began to gather his own rocks and my first thought was, "let's bring them home to paint!"  His first thought was, "let's throw them into the ocean."  Crafty mom brain clearly thinking the opposite of three-year-old boy brain.  As he collected rocks to throw, I collected my own to bring home.

I brought the "I love you" rock home and later on laid it out on the table among other rocks that I had collected.  Together we brainstormed some kind words that we could write on the rocks.  There were a lot of  "I love you's", "You're great",  "Joyful" and other such uplifting and encouraging words.

I helped to write them on with a sharpie while my boys slopped paint all over the rocks.  Once they dried, we each placed the rocks in the back where we could find them and read them each day as we play.  I loved doing this activity with my boys as it combined nature, outdoors, art and reminding ourselves of how much we care for one another.
I hope you have as much fun as we did! Drop a comment below!

For this activity, we only needed a couple of materials! A few basic paintbrushes, a black sharpie and acrylic paints.
Paint rocks with kids
PC: http://craftsliv.blogspot.com/



Comments