Mud Kitchen | Enriched Children

how to make a mud kitchen with kids
This week has been so off and on with the rain and sun.  A perfect recipe for (yes a rainbow but also...) MUD!  We managed to get out on one of the sunnier days this week and created our own mud kitchen. This was so much fun and a great way to learn through nature.

I had thought about surprising my boys by having a mud kitchen already prepared for them but finding the time to do that while they seem to be constantly at my feet was impossible, so we did it together.

how to make a mud kitchen with kidsCreating a mud kitchen together turned out to be a lot of fun as we searched for "ingredients" and filled buckets with mud.  There's no right or wrong way to do this. I gathered a few metal bowls and wooden spoons I didn't mind getting dirty and set them out on a slate of wood along with some flowers, pinecones and other items we had collected to use in the kitchen.

After that point, the rest was up to my boys to create a delicious lunch for me!  We stayed out all morning (until I dragged them inside for lunch- a real lunch) and I really enjoyed the learning, curiosity and discovery that was inspired by using natural items to play with instead of plastics.

If you'd rather not use your personal dishes and utensils, why not get your children their own set of wooden dishes that they can use (and get dirty) to their heart's content!

Get them here

how to make a mud kitchen with kids

Comments