Picking Wildflowers | Enriched Children

spend time with your children by picking wildflowers together

April was quite the month for our family and I have to say that I'm happy to be moving on to May. My posts have been a bit more scarce due to life and so for today's blog, I wanted to do something simple that would take little planning but still just as enriching for my children.

Picking wildflowers.  A simple thing to do, but really so relaxing and fun to do together.  I didn't have my camera during our walk, but my oldest son especially loved picking out dandelions, "purple flowers" and others that we came across. 
spend time with your children by picking wildflowers together
You could go for a hike or simply take a stroll through your neighborhood like we did. If your children are older and you homeschool, this can be a great opportunity to introduce different plants and flowers!

We brought them home and found an old glass jar for jelly.  I had wanted to decorate the jar with some ribbon, but it was such a lovely day out, we all headed straight to the backyard with the empty jar. (If you don't have any jars, tin can work great as well!)

My oldest son was ecstatic to place HIS flowers in the glass "vase".  Together we rested in the sunshine and enjoyed the simple beauty of our wildflowers and being together.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, connecting with your children doesn't always take hours of prep time- it's as simple as being with them.  And as for adding enrichment and learning to their day, we learned about all sorts of flowers, Spring and how to keep our flowers fresh and beautiful!


If you love using mason jars like I do for flowers and practically everything else check out these below as well as some simple ways to decorate them!




Comments