A Perfect Start to your Morning

Starting our family’s morning off right has been heavy on my mind lately.  I’ve tried all sorts of things when my son stumbles into our room at 6:50am EVERY morning. Sometimes, usually, we cuddle in bed, sometimes we watch cartoons, sometimes I’m motivated enough to play with toys or puzzles in his room.  I’ve even tried a special morning basket.

In all these things that we begin our day with, I wonder how it benefit’s my boys and how it will affect the rest of their day.  Anyone out there have the perfect answer to starting off the day?!
I’ve realized over time, that there really isn’t’ one answer to this.  Every family and child is so different and depending on ages and stages, mornings will look different.  Perhaps you homeschool or perhaps you have to get your older kids off to public school bright and early.  Maybe you work and need to rush your toddler to daycare. 

How to start your morning off right with kids
Photo Credit: Love Builds Families
For me, with a three and one year old, we don’t really have anywhere we need to be.  We usually get out the door around 10ish to go to Strong Start or other Mom’s groups, but there is no need for us to get up and get out the door by a certain time- this I love. But this is also why I’ve had so much thought about how we start our mornings since there is no preschool or daycare to rush to.

Do what works for you.  I always have intentions of getting out of bed early and playing with my son in his room but almost always my two boys, husband and I end up squishing into bed, snuggling together and watching cartoons. I wouldn’t suggest watching cartoon ALL day and starting the morning with them in questionable, however, in that moment my boys feel loved because we are holding them close to us.

We usually end up having breakfast in bed, which makes for a lot of crumbs in the covers, but my boys really enjoy being able to snuggle and eat breakfast- does life really get any better than that?!
What I can suggest to you, whether you have slow mornings like mine or fast-paced ones where everyone needs to gobble up some breakfast and head out the door on time- is to let your children know how loved they are by you.

Whether I wake up and read stories to my boys or I have a lazy day and put cartoons on, I make sure I am with my children spending time doing cartoons, puzzles- whatever it is. We are together.  And when we are together by word and action, my boys have woken up and started their day off feeling and knowing they are loved.

I think there is no better way to start your child’s day right!

Check out my blog about “Love Packs” in the link below. This is a really special way you can show your children how much you love them with some kind words first thing in the morning.

Comments